Bellsouth is undeniably one of the best email service providers, thanks to its excellent features and technology. It has a user-friendly interface that makes it incredibly simple to use. Besides, it has a huge user base all around the world. However, when using this email service, you may receive a “Bellsouth email not working” error abruptly. To get rid of the problem, you need to dig deeper to unearth the possible reasons behind the error. These issues can be related to the account login, creation, accessing your account and other concerning problems. To learn more about its reasons and resolution, navigate through this post until the end.
Common Instances of Bellsouth Email Not Working Error
There can be multi-faceted issues that can prevent users from accessing their Bellsouth account. Below are some of the common instances of the error:
1: Login Errors or Authentication Problems in Bellsouth
Sometimes, you may not be able to log into your Bellsouth account. In such a case, you need to make sure that the login credentials entered to log into your account are accurate. Enter your password with the utmost care. If it’s not working, reset your password in no time. You can generate a secure mail key that you can utilize instead of your AT&T password after setting up your email application.
2: Trouble When Sending Email
If you are unable to send emails using your Bellsouth account, it shows that there is some problem with the email configuration. Rectify your email configuration and make sure that the entered information is correct.
3: Bellsouth Email Is Not Working With Outlook
Bellsouth email won’t work with Outlook is also a common error in the email. When it occurs, try using webmail or another email client until the problem is resolved.
Common Workarounds To Override Bellsouth Email Not Working Issue
Now that you are aware of the common instances of the error, below are some of the effective solutions to eliminate it:
1: Change Password and Generate A Secure Mail Key
If you don’t remember your password, you need to reset it to ensure its utmost safety. To do so:
- First thing first, go to the login page, click on “Forgot Password”.
- Thereafter, you will get a verification link that will help you in resetting the password.
- If you are still unable to reset your password, create a secure mail key to fix the issue.
To create the secure mail key:
- Launch your web browser and go to the Bellsouth login page.
- Next, log into your account using the correct login credentials.
- Thereafter, go down to the secure mail key section and click “Manage secure mail key”.
- Moving ahead, you need to select the “add secure mail key’ option.
- Now add in the key you can easily remember.
- Enter the key and click on the create secure mail key’ option and copy it to the clipboard.
- In the end, click OK to finish.
Solution 2: Verify That The Email Is Properly Configured
Improperly configured email is also one of the most apparent reasons behind the error. To get rid of it, you need to configure the mail correctly by following the below-given steps:
- Add your account to the browser and select “Manual setup” or “additional server types”.
- Click Next to proceed further.
- Here, you need to click on “POP” or “IMAP” and then click Next.
- Now enter your email ID and display your name.
- Thereafter, enter your server information.
For POP3 Account Users:
- First of all, you need to enter “inbound.att.net” for the incoming server and then “outbound.att.net” for the outgoing server.
- Provide login information and then click More Settings.
- Now from within the Advanced tab, set your incoming server port number to 995.
- Also, set the outgoing server port to 465 and save the changes you have made. For IMAP Account Users:
- Configure Incoming and Outgoing servers to imap.mail.att.net and smtp.mail.att.net respectively.
- Set 993 for the incoming server port number.
- Now select 465 or 587 for the outgoing server port number.
- Save the changes once the configuration is complete.
Solution 3: Bellsouth Email Not Working On My Browser
Bellsouth email not working on the Internet my Internet browser is a common issue. This problem often takes place due to the unavailability of the web browser as a service provider. In the first place, you need to check your Internet connection if it is intact or not. Besides, make sure that you are making no mistakes when entering the password. It will help you in eliminating the problem.
So these are some effective procedures to resolve the Bellsouth email not working error. However, if you still facing the error due to technical unease, you can reach out to the expert professionals and discuss your error. Explain your problem and get it fixed in no time with the help of their hassle-free assistance.