Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Most people go ahead by setting up the same password for all their accounts on different platforms. It is indeed convenient, but at the same time, it doesn’t make your account secure enough. See, in this way, when your one account of one service gets hacked, all your other accounts have also come into the realm of danger. Hence, it is crucial to alter your password regularly to maintain your account’s security level.
Let’s just not waste time and jump directly on the procedure to change the password for Yahoo mail on iPhone. All Yahoo mail password alteration information is included here, so go through this write-up until the end.
Get aware of how to change your Yahoo email password on your iPhone.
Everyone who wants or is stuck in a situation where he/she needs to alter the password should proceed by following the given steps individually.
- Initiate the process by opening up the app of Yahoo Mail on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the menu icon that is present at the upper left corner of the screen.
- Come a lit bit below by scrolling and then click on “manage accounts.”
- After this, tap “Account info,” as it lets you see the whole information.
- “Security settings” is the next stop upon which you need to make your click.
- Now, you can see the option “change password.” You have to tap on it to proceed further.
- A new window will pop up in front of you; here, you need to enter your new password two times to confirm whether you are entering it correctly or not.
- Once done, select the “Continue” button to save the entered password.
When you are done with applying all of these steps, your password will easily get changed or updated. The answer to the query, “How to change the password on Yahoo mail on iPhone,” is given correctly in the above-mentioned steps. By changing your password repeatedly, you are increasing the security of your account and saving your data, and you are also ensuring that no one can ever hack your account.
Is There Any Need Prevail to Enable 2-Step Verification?
The 2-step verification feature is too helpful and enables every Yahoo mail account user to enhance their security. It creates a security wall around your account that is nearly impossible to access by any random unauthorized person.
After turning on the feature of 2-step verification, you have to provide a password and a unique verification code whenever you enter your account. This verification code is only for one-time use, and it will come on your registered mobile number, email ID, via call, or any authentication app.
If we take this second method of entering the verification code every time, it becomes very hard for all the hackers to access your account. Suppose they can easily identify your password to the account, but attaining the verification code is not easy.
The Process to Initiate 2-Step Verification
To escalate the safety side of your account, implement the below-listed steps to initiate 2-step verification in your Yahoo account.
- Firstly, open Yahoo Mail on your device.
- When it opens up, reach to the “Menu” icon at the top left side of the app.
- After you click on it, a drop-down menu will open up, and under it, you need to select the “manage accounts” option.
- Now, select “Account info” simply, and to move further in the process, choose “Security Settings”.
- “Two-Step verification” is a particular option; just click on it.
- Succeedingly, follow the instruction that keeps coming up on the screen to set up the verification method, such as the phone number and the authentication app.
- At last, verify your entered phone number or authentication app by filling in the code you receive on your phone.
How to Change the Password For Yahoo Mail on iPhone in Case of Forgetting it
In many instances, people forget their password and then try to remember it but can’t make it. Ultimately they are left with only one option, i.e., change their password. Regarding Yahoo mail, all you need to do is visit the Yahoo Sign-in helper. When you reach there, follow these given steps:
- Upon reaching there, a need emerges, i.e., to enter a sign-in email address, phone number, recovery phone number, and recovery email address.
- Pick out the suitable authentication method, i.e., among from backup email, app, etc.
- Then, a confirmation code will be sent to you in your email ID or mobile number as a text message.
- Fill up the new password you want to make after confirming your identity.
In case when any of the above-stated methods didn’t work out, then try to click on “Try another way to sign in”. Once you click on it, you’ll land on a page where you can see several other alternatives to reset your password, like as contacting customer care and many more.
Altering the password of your Yahoo Mail on your iPhone is quite easy by following the above-stated steps. Moreover, it also enhances the security aspect of your mail. By modifying passwords continuously, you are making its safety more rigid. Along with this, enable 2-step verification; the steps are highlighted in this write-up. But in need of any other help regarding your Yahoo mail, call us at +1(855) 359-2550, or you can also write a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the security geeks advised everyone that Yahoo mail’s password gets changed twice to three times every year as it consists of some private information. This number for altering the password might increase when you think your password is not that strong.
If you have a feeling of doubt that your account is hacked, immediately alter your login credentials and, along with this, look at your recovery settings. Besides this, inspect the settings of your Yahoo mail app’s settings to check for any unwanted third-party emails or unidentifiable login credentials. Once finished with this, run a check through the mail settings to ensure no information gets changed.
When you successfully change your Yahoo mail password, it is an automated feature available there, according to which your account gets logged out from all devices. It eventually means you must again enter the password to enter your account on every device. Through this, it appears that it is the golden step to execute when a Yahoo mail account gets blocked.
People who are using iPhone 7 or earlier then they have the right to see their email password in just a few simple steps:
- Navigate to the option of settings on your iPhone.
- The next stop where you need to make a click is “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
- After this, all the accounts came in front of you. Just choose the one whose password you want to see.
In contrast, you can also witness your account’s password if you use an iPhone 8 or later releases. Implement the given steps:
- Click on settings apps on your phone.
- Next to this, Navigate to the option, i.e., Passwords and Accounts.
- Choose the account for which you want to look for the password.
To create a Yahoo mail account on your iPhone, you have to follow all the below-given steps:
- Firstly, navigate yourself to the settings.
- Make your way to the mail and then to the accounts.
- Go with the option of Add account and then pick one.
- Fill in your Yahoo email address, and click on Next.
- Then type the password you want to make for your account and instantly click on the sign-in tab.
- After all of this, you need to mail the toggle switch.
- Finally, click on Save.