Estimated Read Time : 5:00
User with a Yahoo Email account can change their password very easily. It can be done either from the account settings or by resetting their password. In case of resetting, you need to authenticate yourself through your registered mobile number or the alternate email ID. Users need to change their Yahoo password on a regular basis citing various security concerns. This will keep their Yahoo account safe and secure. Thus, here we are going to provide all the necessary details which you can utilize in order to change Yahoo Mail password on Desktop.
Basic Information and Mandates you need to have before you proceed to Change Yahoo Mail Password on Computer
Yahoo email account users first need to have some basic information and prerequisite themselves, which are required while changing their Yahoo Password. Refer to the below list to know more about basic details for your Yahoo mail:
1.Yahoo Account Credentials (Email and Yahoo Password)
You need to know your correct email ID and password, which, if failed to provide, can lead to your account getting blocked. Thus it is important that you should correct the email Id and password of your Yahoo account.
2.Registered Mobile number or alternate Email ID
It is a mandatory process that while logging in from another device, you need to authenticate that the account belongs to you only. For that, a verification code or a reset link is sent to the contact details which you have submitted while signing up for Yahoo mail. These contact details include your Yahoo Registered mobile number or alternate email ID. Another way to authenticate your account is through answering a security question.
How to Change Yahoo Mail Password on Desktop
Now that you have all the information related to your Yahoo email account, follow the given steps to change Yahoo mail password on your Computer:
- Open the web browser on your Desktop, and on the address bar, type the Yahoo login. Click on the first official Yahoo result. You can directly type the Yahoo Login URL.
- Now, you have to enter your Yahoo Email and Password in order to access/login into your Yahoo account.
- On the Yahoo email homepage, locate the profile icon and click on it. From the appeared menu, select the option “Account Info.” Click on Go.
- This will open your personal account information page, on which you need to click on “Account Security.”
- On the security page, navigate to the section “How to Sign In,” where you can find the link to change your Yahoo Password.
- So now, all you need to do is create a new and secure password twice and then click on “Continue.”
- Once you have changed Yahoo Mail password on your Desktop, you will be prompted to change the Yahoo password on all the other devices through which you are currently accessing your Yahoo Mail.
After the password has been changed, you will also be asked to provide a recovery mobile number or mail ID in order to keep your account more secure. Either provide the asked details or press the “Skip” button. Afterward, return to the homepage.
Reset your Yahoo Mail Password
Another way to change Yahoo Mail Password on Computer is by resetting it, for which you need to have a registered mobile number or recovery email ID for verification purposes. Following are the steps in order to reset your Yahoo Mail account :
- Visit the login page of Yahoo email, and there, click on the option “Forgot Password.”
- After that, you need to confirm your Registered mobile number and then click on the option “Send me a Code.”
- On your mobile number registered with your Yahoo account, you will receive a 6-digit code.
- Enter the given code and then click on Verify.
- Once your account has been verified, you can set a new Yahoo Password for your email account.
- Make sure that your password is strong and cannot be guessed by other people.
What Kind of Password Should I Need to Set for My Yahoo Email Account?
Password is the most important email credential through which a user has access to their Yahoo account. In case your account details, especially the password, by somehow retrieved by any other person. Due to that, your mail account will be at risk along with your personal information, including financial detail, on the verge of getting compromised. Thus you need to make sure that no one can guess your Yahoo Mail password. A basic guideline that you can follow while creating a new password is discussed below:
- Your Yahoo password must be of at least 12 characters which will promote it to the category of “Strong Password.”
- The inclusion of capital letters, numerals, and special character makes a password a perfect combination of alpha-numeric code, which is very to be predicted by others.
- Make sure you do not include basic sequences like 1,2,3,4, or common details like your birthdate on your password.
- It is also advised to remove your basic information like name or other things in your password.
Why Should I Need to Change My Yahoo Mail Password?
Yahoo Mail is currently among the list of top email service providers available to the user without any charge or subscription. Listed among the very first email service providers available to the user, it has still maintained its reputation by providing its users with all the mandatory features that should be present in the mailbox of every email user. Apart from that, other security features and protocols are provided by email services to keep user accounts safe and secure. However, despite these all these security, hackers always find a way to access your account by retrieving your private information, primarily the password. Thus there is a need to change it on a regular basis. For that, read the article further to know how to change Yahoo mail password on Desktop.
Wrapping it up
In the above discussion, we have listed a step-by-step representation of how you can change Yahoo Mail password on Desktop. It is recommended that the password should be changed on a regular basis keeping in mind different security concerns. Now if there is any requirement for details from your side, feel free to connect with us through the number given below. Also, you can connect with us through the Live chat option.