Estimated Read Time : 5:00
When safety comes in online accounting, it requires the utmost attention. The cyber criminals finds various methods to breach into your online accounting. Undeniably, passwords is the ultimate key to secure the online account. However, there is a chance that they can be cracked by the hackers. Therefore, to secure the online accounts, the users must change their passwords from time to time. Yahoo being the most popular and widely used email service provider is easily targeted by the cyber criminals. Henceforth it is necessary to change your password on Yahoo.
Many of the Yahoo users are looking for how to change password on Yahoo mail. If you too are looking for the same, then, this write up is for you. This blog explains the in depth process to change the password on Yahoo. So, let us stick to this blog to find the way to change password on Yahoo.
How to Change a Yahoo Mail Password?
In case you are wondering about the process to change the Yahoo Mail Password, then follow the given instructions:
- At the beginning of the process, hit on the Gear icon, present at the top of the Yahoo Window, to utilize the Yahoo Account Settings.
- Thereafter head to the Account Info section, and open the Yahoo Account Security Page.
- Now, provide your Current Password, and choose the Change Password option.
- Next, enter a new password for your Account.
- Enter it twice, and Save it by clicking the Continue button.
Note: The password you generate must need to be unique and strong.
How to Change Your Password of Yahoo Mail from Desktop
If you want to change the password of Yahoo mail from your system and are looking for the detailed process, then read go through the below cited process:
- On your system open any web browser and visit the official website of Yahoo to login.
- In order to sign in into the email just enter the desired email address and the password.
- After that you have to click on Sign in option, which is mentioned just below the email address and password tab.
- After login, just move your cursor on the profile picture and click on the account information tab to open the account page.
- Moving forward, click on the “Account Security” option which is available in the account page.
- In order to proceed further, it will ask you to re enter the login credentials again. Just re-enter them.
- Afterward, click on the change password link which appears on the top right corner of the page.
- If you have enabled the yahoo account key, then disable the account key which is available in the manage section.
- To proceed further, you have to enter the new passwords twice and tap on the “Yes” button to change the password.
Up to the present time, by following the above simple steps you will successfully changed your Yahoo mail password.
Read More – Yahoo Mail Login Problems
How Can You Change your Yahoo Password using the App on your iPhone?
To make modifications to the password using the mobile App of iPhone, you can follow the given steps:
- Firstly, hit on your Yahoo Account button, and choose Settings.
Now, select Account Info.
- Thereafter from the Account Settings screen, choose Security Settings.
- Next, click on the Change Password button, and provide New
- Login Credentials.
How to Change Yahoo Password on Android App?
Moving ahead, let’s learn the steps you can follow to change the Yahoo mail password using the Android App.
- Click on the Account icon present in the upper left corner.
- Now, choose the Manage Accounts section, and select Account
- Info in the Account you want to make the modifications.
- Click on the Securities Settings tab, go down to the Change Password section, and click on it.
- Now, enter the new login password.
How can you Recover your Yahoo Mail Password?
Now, let’s learn the steps to recover the Yahoo Mail password, in case you have forgotten the older one:
The process to recover the password is mainly of two types:
- Recover Yahoo Password using Phone Number.
- Recover your Yahoo Password using an alternate email address.
How to Recover the Password Using the Phone Number?
This options enables the user to recover their yahoo password by using the phone number that they have provided as a recovery phone number at the time of creating the email id. The steps are as follows:
- Open the Yahoo email id login page and click on the “forgot your password” link.
- After that enter your email id and click on continue to proceed further.
- Now, you have to pick the phone number method and tap on the “Yes, send me the account key” . The yahoo will send the text message on the registered phone number.
- In order to change the password, enter the account key and click on the “verify” tab.
- Write down the password and again retype it in the second box.
- To save the changes, press the continue button.
Now, all you need is to enter into your Yahoo email account with the current password and check whether you are able to gain the access or not.
How to Recover the Password Using the Secondary Email Id
If you have not provided the recovery phone number, then, do not worry. Yahoo provides another method to recover your forgotten method. You can opt for the alternative email id as a recovery method that you have provided at the time of creating email id.
The below mentioned steps outlines the process:
- To initiate the process, you have to go to
- After that enter your email id and tap on “continue” button.
- Agree to send the “Yes, send me the account key” to get the code.
- Yahoo will ask the method to send the Activation code. Here, choose the alternative email id address and provide the alternative email address.
- The activation code is send to the alternative email id. Simply copy and paste that code. .
- Now, click on the “verify” to proceed further,
- Finally, type the new password and re enter it to confirm it.
- Tap on the “Continue” to save the new password.
Undoubtedly, you have successfully regain the access to your email id by creating the new password.
Get the Advice of an Expert
Even if you are facing the issue in changing the Yahoo password, then, you can seek the professional help. There are numerous third party service providers who offers the help at the pocket friendly price. Our highly experienced professional experts will be happy to help you. They are highly professional. Moreover, you can get in touch with them either through the phone number +1(855) 359-2550 , or email id. They will assist you 24 * 7 to resolve your query.
In the digital era, accessing the email is very much important. They are the ultimate mode of communication in business world. Inaccessibility to the emails is quite frustrating which can be easily resolved by changing or recovering the new password. How to change a password on yahoo mail is clearly explained in this blog. We hope that this blog resolves your Yahoo login query. Do read our other blogs also, if you are facing any such issue.
Read more : Change Yahoo Mail Password On iPhone
Frequently Asked Questions
If a user wants to create a safe and hard-to-hack password, they must have to consider a few points:
- Never use sequential numbers or letters.
- Avoid including your birth date, nickname, or loved one name in the password.
- Try to use a combination of at least 8 numbers, letters, and symbols.
- Try to combine different phrases, words, etc.
Once you modify the password, Yahoo will change your email credential, and it will log out of all the devices. Thus this will help you in case your Yahoo account is hacked.
If you suspect that your Yahoo mail is hacked, then you have to modify the login credentials instantly. Apart from that, you also have to look at your Recovery settings.
Usually, your Yahoo account gets blocked due to someone else trying to get into your Account. It can also happen if you forget your password and try to enter an incorrect password more than three times. Thus in such a scenario, reset your Yahoo password. In case of any difficulty, simply use the live chat option given below, and get in touch with a Yahoo Expert.
Your Mail has very sensitive and important data; thus, as per the security experts, users have to make changes in their login credentials two to three times at least a year. This number can be increased but not decreased. tec