Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Passwords are the ultimate key to accessing email. Regardless of how secure your password is, it would be best if you changed it from time to time to avoid any risk. If they got stolen or you forgot them, then it isn’t easy to retrieve them. The best way to get out of this problem is to change or reset your password. Just like any other account, you need the password to access your AOL email account. As the AOL password is the key to accessing all your AOL services, you must ensure that it is unique and meet all the password criteria. If you are not able to access your AOL mail services, then it is high time to reset or change your AOL password.
Stuck in Changing AOL Email Password. Just Dial +1(855) 359-2550 & Get Immediate Solution.
If you have forgotten your email password and are looking for the steps on how to change your AOL email password to get back into your email accounts, then this blog is meant for you. In this blog, we have tried to explain the step-by-step procedure to change your AOL passwords on different mediums.
Ultimate Steps for How to Change My AOL Password.
There are numerous methods to change the AOL password. You can opt for the most suitable method that best fits your requirements in order to change the AOL password. The different methods are mentioned below, along with the detailed steps.
How to Change My Aol Password on the Website
You can change the AOL password on the AOL website. Just follow the below-mentioned steps in order to perform the same.
- Open the official AOL website on any of the web browsers like Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla.
- Enter the required email address and password to sign in to your account.
- Next, you have to move to your profile section and click on the Account Security tab.
- In the account security tab, click on the “change password” available in the password tab.
- Enter the new password and click on the “OK” button to save the changes.
- You have successfully created the new password.
Note: Please ensure that your password must fulfill the criteria for resetting the password. It should be a minimum of 8 characters long and must have one upper case letter, one special character, one number, and lower case letters. It is advisable you should choose a strong and unique password.
How to Change My AOl Password on Different Devices
If you do not want to change your AOL password on the computer, you can change it on your preferred device. In order to do the same, just grab your preferred device and follow the steps described below.
How to Change My AOL Email Password on iPhone
Changing the AOL email password on the iPhone is super easy. You can change your AOL email password on your iPhone in a few seconds just by following the below-mentioned steps.
The steps are as follows:
- Grab your iPhone and click on the AOL app to open it.
- After that, you have to sign in to your account by using your AOL current email password.
- After that, you have to click on the logo icon available in the top left corner of the app.
- Once you click on the icon, a list will appear with the various options.
- Pick the “Manage Accounts” section, which is the first option.
- In the manage accounts, you have to click on the account information option.
- In the account info, choose the security settings option.
- After that, click on the change password option, which is available in the account information tab.
- Enter the new password and tap on the “OK” button to confirm the changes.
- You have successfully changed your AOL password. It is advisable for the users to re-login to the AOL email account after changing their password
How to Change My AOL Email Password on iPad
If you are currently having an iPad and are looking for how to change your password on AOL, then stay calm. The method to change the password on iPad is the same as on iPhone. All you need is to follow the steps mentioned above and change your AOL email id password.
How to Change My AOL Email Password on Android
If you have an Android device and are looking for how to change your AOL email password, then do not worry. Here, we will explain the step-by-step procedure to change the password on an Android device. The steps are as follows:
- Grab your Android device and launch the app to start the process.
- Sign in to your account by using your current password.
- After signing in to the account, click on the profile, which is available in the top left corner.
- Next, you have to click on the manage account option, which is available in the profile section.
- In the manage accounts, you have to move to the Account Info section.
- After that, you have to click on the security tab, which is available under the Account information section.
- Next, click on the change password option and enter the new password.
- Once you have entered the new password, click on the “OK” button to save the changes.
How to Reset a Forgotten Password
If you have forgotten your AOL email password, and want to reset the new password for your email id, then there is no need to worry. All you need is to follow the below-cited steps.
- Go to AOL.com, the official website of AOL.
- Now click on the sign-in option and enter the email address.
- It will ask for the password, so you have to tap on the “forgot password” link available beneath the password field.
- Just follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen to complete the process.
Note: The resetting process may take time, and the process depends on the type of security method you have chosen.
Why Can’t I Change My AOL Account Password?
There may be a multitude of problems that restrict users from changing their passwords. Here, it is nearly impossible to pinpoint each and every reason. Since there may be a number of possible factors that cause the problem, you should check the below-mentioned points.
- Either you are using the outdated AOL mail browser.
- Maybe your internet connection is interrupting in between.
- You might be using the wrong recovery method.
- Maybe your security software is interrupting in between and is causing the problem.
- There might be the possibility that your AOL email account is expired.
Suppose you are entering everything correctly and are still facing the problem of changing the AOL account password. In that case, contacting the AOL support team for immediate assistance is advisable.
How to Contact the Aol Support Team
If you are stuck in the process or do not want to perform by yourself, then just take the help of an expert professional. There are third-party service providers that will offer pocket-friendly help to you. Our experts are highly professional and are experts in solving such problems. They will help you round the clock. You can contact them via email, phone, or chat.
Sometimes even strong passwords won’t protect you from hackers. Be aware of your surrounding and follow all the necessary protection methods. There may be a chance that you need to change your AOL password due to various reasons. In this blog, we have explained how to change my AOL email password on different devices in an easy and simple method. We hope this helps you in fixing your problem. If you are facing any other issue, do let us know, and we will try to solve it.
Please read our other blogs also and keep yourself updated.