Estimated Read Time : 5:00
If you are an AOL user, you might end up with an AOL mail not working issue due to Blerk Error 5. AOL Blerk Error 5 is a temporary but major error faced by many AOL users. It occurs when a user can’t open their loading message from the server. This is why it is also called a Loading error. In case you are also facing this Error, follow the given blog and learn how to fix it.
What are the Flaws that evoke AOL Blerk Error in your System?
In this section of the article, we have mentioned all the common causes that can promote Blerk Error 5 in your System. This will help you in rectifying the Error effortlessly.
- Your Internet Connection is not configured properly.
- There must be some technical error on AOL’s end.
- You might have saved numerous unwanted and useless bookmark addresses.
- Your Browser is full of Cache and Cookies.
- Presence of a Firewall can be another reason, as it creates a hindrance for you while accessing AOL email properly.
- You might be using an incompatible browser to access the AOL email.
- In case there are damaged or corrupted AOL Desktop files in the System.
Whenever you encounter AOL Blerk Error 5, an error message will appear on your screen,
“BLERK! Error 5 Authentication problem.”
“Your sign-in has been received.”
How will you resolve AOL Blerk Error 5?
Users come across AOL Blerk Error Code 5 after providing AOL connection details, i.e., their AOL mail and password. This Error occurs mostly because of Browser issues. But there can be other reasons as well, that we just mentioned above, and depending on the reason of the Error, its troubleshooting ways also vary.
First Method: Restrict All the Third Part Cookies
In case there is corrupt data storage in your Browser, you have to delete it and restrict your Browser from saving such cookies and data from another website in the future.
Steps for Chrome Browser users:
- Launch Chrome Browser and hit on the three dots available at the top of the screen.
- Thereafter, hit on More Tools, and tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, on the next screen, choose a time range between which you want to clear the cache and cookies or select All Time.
- Lastly, click on the Clear Data Option.
Steps for Edge User:
- First, open your Browser, and head to Settings.
- Thereafter, look for the Privacy, Search, and Services button.
- Tap on Choose what to clear under the Clear browsing data tab.
- Lastly, hit the clear browsing data now.
- Decide a time range, or Select All.
- Lastly, hit the Clear Now button.
In case you are using some other browser, check the steps to delete the unwanted data on the Internet.
After deleting, now move ahead, and stop your Browser from saving new.
- Open the Browser and head to Browser’s settings.
- Thereafter, choose the Privacy and Security button, and hit Cookies and Other Data.
- Next, tap on the Block third-party cookies button.
You are done here now; the Browser will not save any cookies.
Second Method: Enable the Protection Mode
Protection mode is used to save your personal data and System from any theft or attack. Thus to neglect Blerk Error 5, turn on the Protection mode.
In case you use Chrome:
- Initially, launch Chrome, and click on the three-dot present at the top.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now move ahead and go to the Privacy and Security tab, and under that, choose Site Settings.
- Now, choose the option of Protected Content, and disable the Allow identifiers for protected content.
If you are an Edge Browser user:
- Launch Edge Browser and head to the Menu Bar option.
- Thereon, click on Tools, followed by Click Internet button.
- Next, you have to click Security Tab and go to the Internet icon.
- Choose the Check Box Enable Protected Mode, and select the Trusted websites
- Tap on the Protected Mode, and reboot your Browser.
Third Method: Disable The Antivirus
Sometimes, you might face AOL Blerk Error 5 in AOL due to the presence of a Firewall or Antivirus. The Antivirus restricts the AOL Server, which leads to the Error. Thus to fix it, you have to turn off the Antivirus and check if the Error is fixed now.
Note: Turn on the Firewall again once the Error is fixed.
Fourth Solution: Update your Browser to the Latest Verizon
An Outdated browser can also create AOL issues; thus, update it to its newest version to avoid any kind of problem.
- Launch Chrome Browser, and select the menu button.
- Thereafter, head towards the Help option, and click on the About Google Chrome tab.
- Now Chrome will look for updates; if the update is present, the Browser will start updating itself.
Once the update is complete, relaunch the software.
Fifth Solution: Login to your AOL Mail through another Browser
In case you tried all the above methods, and none of them works for you, then you have to try login into your AOL Account using some other browser. If you don’t have another browser install one and then log in to your AOL mail.
At the end of this blog, we are assuming that your AOL Blerk Error 5 will be resolved. However, in case you are still stuck in the issue and need expert assistance, then you can simply dial our Toll-Free Number. Apart from that, you can also get in touch with experts via live chat or email, that too any time of the day or night. SO feel free to contact !
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common cause that provokes AOL Blerk Error 5 is browser issues. Thus you first have to update your Browsesr if you are using an outdated one.
To get rid of this rigid loading error, you have to clear the cache and cookies present in your Browser. Moreover, turn off the Firewall and now check if the Error is resolved perfectly.