Estimated Read Time : 5:00
In today’s world, email is an important part of our professional life. We all are directly dependent on email services for our day-to-day communication activities. From sending messages to attachments and images, our email accounts help you to stay connected. One of the most used email services across the globe is Comcast email services.
Although our email accounts hold some private and confidential information, your details can be misused if an email account gets hacked. Well, if your Comcast email has been hacked, and if you are looking for tried and tested solutions to help you get rid of the problem, then you are at the right place. In this write-up, we will cover the solutions you can execute to recover a hacked Comcast email account.
Computer security and email research showed that 94% of malware is delivered via email. Since email hacking is on the rise, you need to take all the necessary steps to make sure your account is secure. The minute you suspect that your account is hacked you need to call the Comcast support number and ask for assistance. You can also go through this blog to get a general idea of the steps you need to follow to protect your email account.
How To Identify A Hacked Comcast Email Account?
Nowadays, hackers use various techniques or methods to hack an email account without even hinting to the email user. Despite this, there are numerous ways through which you can check if your Comcast hacked email account;
- There are unwanted emails in the sent box which you still need to compose.
- If your account recovery details have been changed recently.
- If you notice an uncommon IP address working on recent activities.
- The account recovery method has been changed suddenly.
- The login password of your email account has been changed due to why you are unable to access your email account.
- Other security measures have been changed, such as two-step authentication or security questions.
Above are some of the possible measures through which you can identify a Comcast email hacked issue.
How to Recover Hacked Comcast Account?
Let’s take a look at the solutions that can help you to recover an email hacked Comcast account;
Solution 1. Change the Comcast Email Login Password
The first solution we recommend to you to recover a hacked email account is changing the login password. Although, this method will only work if you can access your email account.
For changing the login password, create a difficult password that must be strong enough to protect your email account from hackers.
Here are some tips that you can use to create a strong password for your email account;
- Create a longer password
- Never includes personal details in the password, such as name, birth date, user name, etc.
- Don’t create a single login password for multiple email accounts.
- Use different characters, alphabets, numbers, upper size, and lower size letters.
Solution 2. Run the Account Recovery Procedure
The account recovery procedure is a quick method to recover a hacked email account. Here are the steps that you can perform to run the account recovery process of your Comcast email account;
- First, launch a compatible web browser on your device, and navigate to the official Xfinity login page.
- After that, click on the “Password” option below the “Sign In” option.
- Now, the password reset window will appear on your screen.
- Here, you must provide your Xfinity ID and email address in the insert field and click on the “Continue” option.
- After that, fill out the captcha form and answer the security questions.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to verify the registered phone number or email address.
- With the effect of the above step, you will receive a verification code on your mobile number or email address.
- Provide that verification code on the password resetting page, and then you can follow the on-screen instructions to create a new login password for your Comcast email account.
Once you are done with the steps mentioned above, verify if this method has helped you recover a hacked Comcast email account. If not, don’t panic, and perform the next solution.
Solution 3. Enable a Two-Step Verification Process
Apart from changing the login password, users can also enable the two-step verification to add more security to their email accounts. This feature acts as an additional security step that requires the users to submit a unique code sent to their registered mobile number while they try to log in to their account. This feature will prevent the hackers from accessing your personal data.
Solution 4. Change/ Modify Backup Email Address
If hackers have accessed your backup email address, they can request the email server to send the email address and login credentials to the backup email address. Therefore, as you recover a hacked email account, you must also change the backup email address.
You can easily recover the hacked Comcast email account by performing the above mentioned steps.
Solution 5. Alert your Contacts
Once hackers manage to gain access to your email data, they could manipulate it and trick contact into sending them important financial information. When your email account is hacked, you have a responsibility to alert all your contact so that they are on the lookout for any suspicious messages. If your family, friends, or business partners know that your account is hacked, they will ignore any emails or messages that bear your name. You should also warn your contacts not to click on any email links even if it appears to come from you.
Solution 6. Scan your Computer
If your email account is hacked, then the computer you use to access your email may be at risk because of a virus or malware. You should update the security software on your device and run a full system scan to check for any malware that might be active. Regularly checking your PC for viruses is important because hackers often use malware and other software to retrieve security data from your computer. In case the scan picks up on a virus, you should change your email account password once again, just to be safe. You can call the Comcast phone number and speak to a trained expert to know which best software to check your account.
Tips to Prevent Your Email Account From Getting Hacked
Let’s take a look at some tips or precautions that you must take to prevent Xfinity email and password hacked issues;
- Don’t open suspicious links or websites in email.
- Never use an open-source Wi-Fi network. Always use your own secure network connection.
- Add unwanted or suspicious emails to the blocklist.
- Create a strong login password for your email account. Ensure the password is 12 characters long and must include uppercase & lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Never use the same login password for each account.
- Enable a two-step verification process.
- Avoiding downloading or opening attachments from unknown sources.
- Never share your email account login credentials with anyone. Keep it safe and secure.
As demonstrated above, we have covered the solutions you can execute to fix the Comcast email hacked in 2022. If you are still unable to recover the hacked email account, you can get in touch with our email experts, who have mastered the skill sets of recovering a hacked email account. Get in touch with our team via chat box, or send us your query via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org