Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Is your AOL Mail not working properly on your Mac device? If so is the case, then we are here to help you out.
In this guide, we will give you a brief knowledge of this issue and proper ways to troubleshoot it.
Mac mail is one of the prominent email software that helps you in managing all your mail ids in one place. It is compatible with almost all emails. But sometimes, AOL users face errors while using their email on Mac. Thus if you are one of them, then grab your solution by undertaking the given post.
Wondering how to fix AOL Mail Not Working on Mac and need quick assistance? Well, don’t worry!! Reach out to our experts to obtain quick tips to fix the problem by dialling +1(855)359-2550.
Why is my AOL email not working on my Mac?
Below we have mentioned all the reasons why your AOL email is not working properly on your Mac device.
- The incoming and outgoing server details are not correct.
- You might have provided an incorrect password.
- You might be facing some issues with the browser in which you are using your AOL mail.
- You have not mentioned the Port number in the Incoming/Outgoing server details.
- The internet speed is not good.
- Your AOL program is hanging due to some system problems.
- You might be using an outdated version of the software.
Verified ways to fix AOL Mail, not Working Problem
Now that you have all the information about the issue and its causes, let’s understand the ways to fix AOL Mail not working problem.
1. Verify your Internet Speed
At times, the user can’t be able to use their AOL mail on the Mac device due to an unstable internet connection. Thus, you need to fix it.
- In case you are using Wii, reboot your router and check if the problem is resolved. Suppose it is not resolved, then you have to get in touch with your network service provider and ask for help.
- If you are using your cellular data, then put your phone on flight mode and then turn it off to check if the problem is fixed now.
2. Review your AOL login Credentials
In case AOL mail is not working on your Mac device, and you are receiving an error message saying, “ Mac mail Unable to identify Account name or Password.” This signifies that you might be providing an incorrect login credential.
However, if the same email address used to work fine before, then the problem is in the Password. Thus, you have to Update it.
- In the beginning, you have to open the Mac mail App.
- Thereafter, check the top menu, and click on the Mac mail option.
- Next, you have to hit the Preference tab.
- Moving forward, Delete the given Password, and enter your new AOL password.
- End the process by closing the Preference Menu.
3. Look at the Incoming and Outgoing Server Settings
If your AOL mail is not working on Mac, then it might be possible that you have entered some incorrect details in your Server detail. To fix it, you can look at the information given below:
AOL IMAP Server Details
Server Address: imap.aol.com
Port Number: 993
SSL Required: Yes
POP3 Server Details
AOL Server Address: pop.aol.com
Port Number: 995
SSL Required: Yes
SMTP Server Settings
SMTP Server Address: smtp.aol.com
Port Number: 465 or 25
SSL Required: Yes
4. Turn off all the Security Applications present in your Mac device
Sometimes the user might face issues due to the presence of a Firewall or other Security Software as well. These antiviruses create hindrances that end up with AOL mail not responding properly on your Mac. Thus, to fix it, you have to disable all the available security software for some time and try to access the Mail after that.
Note: At times, VPN also behaves as an obstacle while you are trying to log in to your AOL mail. So, turn it off as well.
5. Install the updated mail application
In case you are using an outdated mail application, then also you can face issues while login into your AOL mail. So update the app by following the discussed steps:
- Initially, Go to the docs, and hit the Apple logo.
- Select the Applications, followed by pressing the updates tab.
- Select Update if there is an update available for Mail Application, and you are done with the Update of your mail app.
6. Delete the AOL account & Re-Add it
In case you tried all the above steps, and none of them is beneficial for you, then you have to remove your AOL account and re-add it to your Mac device.
- Firstly, Open the Mac mail application.
- Now choose Mail from the docs, and hit Preferences.
- Select your AOL Email Address.
- Next, Tap on the Remove option.
- After Removing your Account from the Mil app, reboot your device.
- Next, you have to open the Mail app again.
- Move to preferences, and click on the Accounts button.
- Hit the + Sign, then tap on Add the AOL mail.
- Now write your AOL Email Address along with the Password, and hit the Sign in button.
Finally, you are done with the process, and now you can use your AOL email very easily on your Mac device.
Summing it Up!
So, here we sum up this entire post and hope that you can now easily tackle AOL Mail not working on Mac. If you are still encountering any issues, you are free to consult with our professionals through live chat. The experts will provide you with some useful tips so that you can rectify the error from its root completely.
Read also:- Why is AOL Desktop Gold So Slow?