Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Do you want to fix your AOL Desktop Gold so slow issue? If that is the situation, then your search for the solution ends here. In this blog, we have mentioned all the ways that can help you fix the speed of your AOL account. Thus, read the article and grab your answer.
AOL Desktop Gold is a trend nowadays because of the variety of features they provide. With the change in time, AOL emails also worked on its services and advanced its features. However, in many instances, its users find AOL very slow and don’t know how to fix it. That’s why we are here to help you.
Why is AOL Desktop Gold So Slow?
Before moving towards the troubleshoots to fix the AOL Desktop Gold Working Slow issue, you first need to know the reasons that are evoking it. A few of them are mentioned below:
1. Outdated Version:-
In case you are using an obsolete version of the AOL Desktop Gold software, it can create major issues for you and can lead to slow performance of the software. Thus always check the software first before stressing over the problem.
2. System Requirements:-
If your AOL Gold is running slow, then it might be possible that you are not fulfilling the minimum system requirement to use AOL Desktop Gold program in your System.
3. Internet Speed:-
It might be possible that the network connection you are providing is slow or unstable, which is creating hindrances while using the AOL app.
4. Cache & Cookies:-
The presence of Cache & Cookies in your System’s browsing history can be another reason why you are facing this issue. It is the most common reason, and it can be fixed very easily.
5. Malware & Viruses:-
At times users might find issues while working on AOL Desktop Gold due to the presence of viruses or Malware in your System. The Malware slows down your System as well as the AOL Program.
6. Corrupted Folder & Files:-
In case your AOL Desktop Gold program slows down when you are working on it, then you have to check all the present files & folders in your system. As the corrupted files can create obstacles while accessing the Program. It also minimizes the working speed of your System. Thus you have to delete them as quickly as possible.
7. Overloaded Browser:-
In case your Browser is full of temporary files, add-ons, and history, then it can lead to AOL Desktop Gold working slow issue.
8. Hardware Problem:-
Faulty hardware or insufficient RAM can also create this problem in your System. Thus, you always have to take care of it while facing AOL issues.
9. Low Disk Space:-
In case none of the above problems is the reason and you are still facing the same problem, then it might be due to the low disk space.
Verified ways to Root Out AOL Desktop Gold Running So Slow Problem
Below we have mentioned a few best ways you can choose to rectify the AOL Desktop Gold working so slow error:
1. Update your AOL Desktop Gold Program
Whenever you are facing an AOL error, the first and foremost important advice we can give you is to update the software. To do so you can follow the given step:
- In the beginning, launch any Browser.
- Now navigate to the official website of AOL Desktop Gold.
- There you have to look if there is any new update available.
- If yes, then download it, and check if you can access the Program appropriately.
2. Fulfil the Basic System Specification
To run AOL Gold smoothly in your System, you must need to meet the minimum system requirements, which are mentioned below:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or newer (including Windows 8, 8.1, and 10)
- Processor: 1.6 GHz or faster computer processor
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution recommended
- Memory: 1 GB RAM or more
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection is recommended
- Hard Disk Space: At least 5
Apart from these, always keep your System updated to the newest version.
3. Proper Internet Connection
As we already mentioned, sometimes, users also face issues while using AOL Desktop due to a slow internet connection. Thus to fix it switch off your wifi and turn it on again.
However, if this won’t work in your favor, contact your Internet provider, and ask for assistance.
Note: If you use mobile data, then instead of wifi, then keep your phone in airplane mode for sometime and on it back.
4. Delete the Cache & Cookies
Suppose you are facing this error because of the presence of Cache & Cookies in your Browser. Then you have to delete them by following the given instructions:
- Open your web browser.
- Now click on the three dots available on the upper side of the screen.
- Select History.
- Next, tap on clear Browsing history.
- Decide a time range, or click on All Time to delete everything.
- After that, check the boxes near Cookies & Other Site Data & Cache Images Files.
- At last, select the Clear Data option.
5. Review the present Virus & Malware
If your device is full of Malware and viruses, then you have to do a proper scan of it. Thus install Antivirus software to remove these harmful threats to your System.
6. Delete unnecessary third-party Plug-ins
In case your browser is filled with the third-party plug-in, then this can also slow down the speed of your AOL Desktop Gold. Thus delete all the unwanted plug-ins as well as the temporary files present in your System to fix this problem.
7. Fix the Hardware issue
Faulty hardware or less RAM can also cause AOL Desktop Gold to work slowly in your System. Thus to check if the problem is due to the hardware, go through these procedures:
- Review the System’s Hard drive: To scan your hard drive appropriately, optimize a disk scan through the System. Apart from that, verify the SMART status of your System’s hard drive as well to see if there is some issue with that.
- Verify the RAM: Optimize the Window Task Manager to know about the RAM that is being used by the AOL program. In case the System has less memory, you have to upgrade your RAM.
- Look for other hardware problems: Moreover, you also need to ensure that all the other components of your System are also working efficiently. If you find any kind of damage, overheating, or any other issue, fix it immediately.
If you don’t know how to check the System’s hardware, you can opt for professional help.
8. Clear out Disk Memory
To clean the Disk memory, you can use the disk clearer tool, as nowadays, almost all the systems have built-in disk clean-up tools. These tools can free up your disk space very easily.
Apart from that, you can also move a few of your files to an external drive. This is done to the files that are not in use frequently.
Here we are concluding our blog and assuming that the steps elaborated above will help you in resolving AOL Desktop Gold So Slow issue. However, if you need any additional help, you can simply contact us at +1(855)359-2550 and get your answer.
Read also :- Download & Install AOL Desktop Gold on window?