Estimated Read Time : 5:00
With the increasing popularity of the Comcast.net email platform, it becomes imperative that you know how to configure it on different platforms. With the use of Comcast, you are able to access all available email features online. The Xfinity email account is a little complicated when it comes to setting it up with the various SMTP and IMAP email settings. You must have the knowledge of configuring the Xfinity Comcast Email account via the POP and the IMAP settings. POP being the oldest protocol for the internet message access is also a reliable way of organizing your email account. Other than that, the Comcast IMAP settings make sure the convenient use of email on multiple devices.
Lets have discussion to solve the issue for access comcast email with windows, gmail and outlook.
What Are The Correct Configuration Settings?
In order to set up the Comcast SMTP, you must have the correct configuration for the Comcast email. The sending and the receiving email settings while using the Comcast.net email are as follows:
Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
Incoming Mail Server Port Number:
Recommended: 993 with SSL ON
Just when Needed: 143 with SSL ON
Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
Outgoing Mail Server Port Number:
Recommended: 587 (SMTP)
Only if Needed: 465 (SMTPS)
SSL Encryption: checked
Authentication: Xfinity username and password required
By just configuring the POP settings, you would not be able to open your emails on multiple devices, and for this, you should set up the IMAP settings as it allows to organize your emails on multiple devices. However, as we are discussing here both the IMAP and the POP settings, thus helping you to understand the ways to set up both kind of settings on different platforms. You would just have to follow the instructions that are mentioned below;
Access Comcast Email With Windows
There are some very easy steps following which you will be able to rightly configure Comcast Emails Settings on Windows 10. The steps are as follows:
- Firstly, you need to click on the “All apps” option on the Start menu.
- Secondly, from there, you need to choose the Mail option.
- Thirdly, if you do not have anything added before, you would then be prompted to go to the Welcome Screen.
- Thereafter, click on the “Add Account” option. In case, you have already added an account before, you should click on the Settings icon located at the left corner of the screen.
- Subsequently, as you open the Settings menu, you need to choose Accounts and then Add an Account option.
- Consequently, scroll down below to go to the “Choose an Account” screen and then move towards Advanced Setup.
- Furthermore, as you are on the Advanced Setup, choose the second option that says Internet Email.
- Thereafter, you will be prompted to go set a number of settings. Firstly, you will be required to add an Account Name of your choice. For instance, it could be “my Xfinity email”. Furthermore, you would need to provide an email name that would appear on the “Send from” field. There, you can fill the first and the last name.
- Again, in the incoming mail server, you would need to enter imap.comcast.net and then from the “Account type” drop-down menu, you would need to select IMAP 4.
- Furthermore, in the user name menu, you would need to give the Comcast username that you had used while creating the email account. For instance, if your ID is firstname.lastname@example.org , your username should be “abc”. After that, type in your password.
- Consequently, in the outgoing email server option, you would need to enter smtp.comcast.net .
- Thereafter, you would need to check all the boxes displayed on the screen. Thereafter, click on the Sign-in button.
- Lastly, as you click on the Done option, the Comcast email would be set on your Windows 10 perfectly.
Access Comcast Email With Outlook
Configuring Outlook Settings for Comcast Emails is pretty simple. You just have to follow some easily-followed steps using which you can achieve the same:
- Firstly, open up the Outlook on your device.
- Thereafter, click on the Tools option and then Accounts.
- Subsequently, you need to click on the plus sign from the bottom left corner and then choose the New Account option.
- Furthermore, provide your Comcast email address in the respective field and then click on the Continue option.
- Next, you should click on the field that says IMAP.
- Further, you need to fill in the Comcast account credentials. You just need to click on the option mentioning “Show Password”.
- Consequently, in the incoming server field, you need to fill imap.comcast.net and similarly in the outgoing server field, enter smtp.comcast.net .
- Also, you need to ensure that the incoming port has 993 as the number and the outgoing port has 465.
- Thereafter, you need to check the boxes that say Use SSL to connect.
- Furthermore, click on Add Account option.
- Next, tap on Add Another Account and then click on the option that says Done.
- After you have performed the above steps, you will have successfully configured your Outlook Settings for Comcast emails.
Access Comcast Email With Gmail
The following settings will help you to correctly configure Comcast emails settings on Gmail:
- Firstly, access your Gmail login page and access your account by entering the correct set of login credentials.
- Secondly, click on the cogwheel icon that is placed on the top-right corner of the page. It would take you to the Settings menu.
- Subsequently, you need to click on the “Account and Import” tab.
- Furthermore, click on the option that says Add POP3 email account.
- Consequently, a pop up window with the email address box would appear.
- There, add your comcast emails address and then click on the Next option.
- From the next screen that you get, set up your account password and the other settings as well as the mail server and then select the 995 port. After that, choose the “Always use a secure connection when retrieving mail” box.
- Thereafter, click on the Add Account button.
- If you want to send an email from your Comcast account to Gmail, then click on the Next option.
- After that, pick a display name.
- Furthermore, check the box that says “Treat as an Alias”. In case you do not check it, the mail you send will show both in your inbox as well as the Sent folder. After you are done, click on the Next option.
- Consequently, choose if you want to send the emails from the Gmail or the Comcast Server.
- Thereafter, provide your Comcast password one more time and then click on the Add Account option.
- In order to verify your account, a code would be sent directly to your Comcast email account. Lastly, log in to your Comcast email account and then you need to click on the link that verifies your Gmail account. As you do this, you are done with the process.
In this blog, we have talked in detail about the proper configuration settings of Comcast emails. Other than that, we have also provided information on how you can access Comcast email with Windows, Gmail and Outlook. If you follow this, you would be able to easily access Comcast email with Windows, Gmail or Outlook. However, there might occur a time when even after using these methods, you are unable to navigate through the issue. For such situations, you might require professional help. Feel free to reach out to us for any assistance. We are available on chat, call and mail. Our email address is email@example.com
Read our recent blog Easy Fixes to Comcast Remote Not Working Issue?