To set up your Comcast SMTP, you must first have the correct configuration for your Comcast email. These settings are usually associated with sending and receiving emails using the Comcast client.
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number:
- Recommended: 993 with SSL ON
- Only if Needed: 143 with SSL ON
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number:
- Recommended: 587 (SMTP)
- Only if Needed: 465 (SMTPS)
- SSL Encryption: checked
- Authentication: Xfinity username and password required
If these settings do not work, you must contact Comcast customer service to fix this issue as soon as possible.
Configure Comcast Email Settings in Outlook
Suppose you wish to configure your Comcast Email Settings to Outlook. You must follow these steps.
- Double-click the program icon on the desktop. From there, select “Program Files.” Get this option in the “Start” option located on the sub-menu.
- Now choose the option “Tools,” “Accounts,” “Add,” and “Mail”, and it will automatically take you to the Internet Connection Wizard.
- Now choose “Create a new Internet Mail Account” and then click on “Next.”
- Select and add an email account. It will show in the menubox. Now, click on “Next.”
- Enter your Comcast email address on the next appearing screen and click “Next.”
- On the next screen, a drop-down menu will appear, which will display plentiful options. Now, enter” mail.comcast.net” in the “Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP)server” field. Enter “smtp.comcast.net” in the “Outgoing mail (SMTP) server,” then click “Next”.
- Enter your email account in the present “Account name” field. Also, choose a passcode and add it to the “Password” field. Before going to the next step, make sure to apply the check on “Remember Password” so your account automatically logs in.
- Now, select the “Next” option and then the “Finish” option to complete the setting up phase. Your Comcast Email configuration is now up to date and working in the best way.
- Click on the “Properties” option and highlight the account you just created in the “Internet Account.”
Set Up Comcast Email for Gmail
- Login to your Gmail Account
- Click on the Gear Icon. It will take you to the settings.
- Choose the “Account & Import” tab.
- Add “POP3 Email Account, which you own.”
- Set up Your Comcast Email Address and Click “Next.
- Setup your account password. Other settings such as mail server and port will already be present.
- Now, Click on “Add Account.”
- Select if you want to send an email from your Comcast account to Gmail. Click on “Next.”
- Add a display name that will be shown to your recipients.
- Check the “Treat as an Alias” box. If you don’t check it, the mail you send will appear in your inbox and your sent folder. Once you are done, click on “Next.”
- Select to send your emails from Gmail or Comcast server.
- Type your Comcast password again in the field provided and click on Add Account.
- Get a verification code at your Comcast email account. Log into your Comcast Email Account and verify on your Gmail account with the newly received verification code.
Set Up Comcast for Windows
- Open Windows Live Mail.
- Choose “Tools” and “Accounts”, then click “Add.”
- Now, Enter your Comcast email address and password. Choose a user name to be added with the email that will be used with the following address.
- Select “POP3” on the drop-down menu list and enter “mail.comcast.net” in the “Incoming Mail.”
- Now, add the following number, “995”, in the port box and choose the “SSL” checkbox.
- You will also find a new field, the “Outgoing mail” option. Here you should add the “smtp.comcast.net.” Enter “465” in the provided port and click on “Next” to complete the Comcast email configuration. It will be then updated in the Windows Live Mail.