Comcast remote not working is a common issue reported by many of the users. Comcast Cable Communications offer wireless, Internet, telephone, and cable TV services. The company uses Xfinity as its trading name; therefore, you can also see this error as the Xfinity remote not working. Different television sets from Xfinity come with different remote models. When using the remotes for your television, you may experience that your remote is not working. There are multiple factors that can give rise to this error. Navigate this post until the end to know the possible reasons and best fixes for this error.
Possible Reasons Behind Comcast Voice Remote Not Working
Knowing the possible reasons behind the Xfinity remote not working problem can ease the process of resolution. Below are some of the main reasons behind this concerning issue:
• The problem with the device or the inability of the application to establish communication is one of the most apparent reasons behind the error.
• The remote comes with the purchase of your device and therefore, it should be programmed with your box. If not, you may get problems using the remote.
• The battery is one of the most common reasons behind the Comcast remote not working issue. If you are using a dead battery, the error will crop up immediately.
• Another reason behind the Comcast remote is related to the physical damage that can sometimes also lead to internal damage. If critical internal components are damaged, you may not be able to use your remote.
To resolve the error, you need to look for these factors one after the other.
Solution 1: Reset & Program Your Remote
After purchasing your television, you need to program your remote or the new box to make it work. If the remote doesn’t work even after programming it, you need to reset the remote. Below are the steps:
Steps For Xfinity XR15 Remote not Working
• First thing first, you need to press and hold the Xfinity and “i” buttons on your remote.
• Thereafter, you will see a code on your TV screen.
• Here, you need to enter the code using the remote.
• Next, a verification window will open on your screen. Click the OK button for the Yes option on your screen.
• Now follow the further instructions displayed on your screen.
• After the completion of the process, use the volume button of your remote to confirm if it is working or not.
• If not, you will have to click the OK button and then select the option of all set.
Recent Post – Create Comcast New Account Online
If the problem continues, reset your remote by following the below-given steps:
• Hold down the A and D buttons.
• After that, you will see a green button on your remote after some time.
• Next, press the number 981 on your remote.
• Here, you can program your Comcast remote with your box.
Solution 2: Reset Your Xfinity Box
If the problem continues to annoy you after performing the first solution, you need to reset your Comcast remote. If your box is faulty, it can obstruct the communication between the box and the remote. To reset the box:
• Locate the reset button on your box and then press it for five seconds.
• Besides, you can also reset your box using the Xfinity My Account application. The app is suitable for long resets only. For the short reset, go with the first procedure.
Once done, use your remote to check if the Comcast remote not working issue is resolved. If not, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Confirm That Your Battery is Not Dead
As we have already discussed that the dead battery is one of the most apparent reasons behind this error, you need to confirm it immediately when the problem takes place. To check if the battery is causing the problem, you need to replace your old battery with the new one. Once done, use your remote to check if the error is fixed or not. It is wise to keep a pair of the battery in reserve so that you can perform this test immediately.
Solution 4: Check Your Remote for Physical Damage
Sometimes, physical damage to your remote can damage the critical components and make it stop working. In such a case, you need to open and check if all the components are in the right place. For instance, look if the metal part that connects the top of the battery is not broken.
How to fix unresponsive remote buttons?
To fix the unresponsive Comcast buttons:
• Press a button on your Xfinity remote.
• If the LED does not flash, replace the battery, and try again.
• If the LED flashes red on pressing any buttons five times, it means that the battery is low and needs to be replaced.
• If the buttons are still not responding, you can reach out to the live chat support to get the problem resolved.
How to chat with Xfinity live support?
If none of the common troubleshooting resolves the Comcast remote, not working problem, you can click this link to visit the live chat support page. Here, you can connect with the experts with the help of chat support and get prompt assistance on your issues. All you need is to explain your problem, based on which, you will be provided with the relevant assistance.
Where is the setup button on the Xfinity remote?
The Xfinity remotes come with and without setup buttons. However, to check if your remote is with the setup button, you can locate it just below the “7” button. If you are unable to locate it there, it means it is not there on your remote.