Estimated Read Time : 5:00
The Comcast remote not working issue is a generally reported issue by many users. Comcast Cable Communications apart from offering internet, wireless and telephone services, also provides Cable TV services. Since the company uses Xfinity as the trading name, therefore, you also get this error as Xfinity voice remote not working. There are different remote models of different television sets that come from Xfinity. While using the remotes for your television, you may find that my Comcast remote is not working. There are a number of factors that can give rise to this error. In this blog, we are going to talk about various possible reasons as well as fixes that can help resolve this issue.
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind The Comcast Remote Not Working?
There are several reasons behind the Comcast remote not working issue. Knowing these can help ease the resolution process. Below listed are some of the main reasons behind my Comcast remote is not working issue.
- One of the most apparent reasons behind the error is the inability of the application to establish a proper connection with the device.
- The other is related with the purchase of the device. The Comcast remote comes at the time of the purchase and is essential to program it with the box. If that is not done, you may face problems.
- A dead or a low-charged battery is imminent to the Comcast remote not working error. If you are using one of these, then the error will crop up immediately.
- A physical damage to the remote sometimes leads to the internal damage. In case, such critical internal damage occurs, you might not be able to use the remote. To fix these problems, you might have to take certain steps.
How To Fix Your Xfinity Voice Remote Not Working Issue?
When you are having problems with your Xfinity remote, there are a few things that you can do to fix it. These steps will help you resolve the case when either the remote has stopped working entirely or some of its buttons have stopped responding. Let us now take a look at the various troubleshooting steps that can fix this issue:
Solution 1: Check for the batteries
As a part of the troubleshooting process, the first thing that you should do is check for the batteries. Their being low or dead is sometimes the probable reason for the remote not working issue. In order to check for the batteries, you just need to open up the back of the remote where the batteries are present and then replace them with the fresh ones. If after replacing the remote starts working then you can gather that the batteries were indeed the problem and that the previous batteries were dead. If this doesn’t work, then you should move on to the next troubleshooting solution.
Recent Post – Create Comcast New Account Online
Solution 2: Inch a little closer to the Xfinity box
One another reason for this issue could be that the remote might not be able to send the signal. This could be because the remote could be too far from the Xfinity box. Therefore, if you think that this could be the problem then move the remote closer to the box and see of that fixes the issue. A general rule of thumb is 20 feet distance from the box while using the remote. But in case you are still having trouble after you move closer, try with the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 3: Look for Obstructions
There could be something between the box and your remote hindering the communication. So, look around and see if there are any problems in the way. If there are, a good idea is to move them out of the way and see if that resolves the problem. General hindrances include things such as walls, doors, furniture, electronics, etc. So, if there is anything blocking your way, move it out from there.
Solution 4: Troubleshoot the buttons
Sometimes, your Xfinity remote buttons get stuck making it unable to respond. If one or more buttons are physically stuck in the down position, that could be causing the problems. When you press the button, you should look for a flashing LED light. The button might be jammed if you are not seeing the LED light. So, you should try pushing some more times to see if that unsticks the buttons. If the buttons are permanently stuck, you might need a new remote altogether. You can also ask to the Xfinity support for a replacement of the remote. In case, the buttons are not the problem, you might want to move on to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 5: Factory Reset the remote
If your Xfinity voice remote not working, you might want to unpair it and then repair it. This resets the remote and fixes any issues that you are having. After you reset it, you will have to pair it with the TV again. Here are the steps to factory reset some general models from Xfinity.
a.) XR11 Model (with Setup Button)
- Firstly, press on the Setup button and then hold it for 5-10 seconds until you see the LED light of the remote turning green from red.
- Secondly, enter 9-8-1 after the LED light turns solid green. The green LED light will blink two times in order to confirm that you have put the code correctly and have successfully reset the remote.
b.) XR15 Model (without Setup Button)
- Firstly, press and then hold the A and D buttons for at least 5-10 seconds until the power button of the remote changes from red to solid green.
- Secondly, as soon as the LED light turns solid green, you need to enter 9-8-1. Confirming a successful reset, the LED will blink thrice in a blue colour.
How to Pair the Xfinity Remote to Your TV?
Pairing your Xfinity remote with your TV is quite easy. There are some simple steps that you need to follow in order to do that. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, switch on your TV and turn the input to the Xfinity box.
- Secondly, on the remote, press and then hold the setup button.
- In case, there is no setup button, you need to press and hold the Xfinity and then Info button.
- Next, let the LED light of the remote turn from red to green.
- Thereafter, press on the Xfinity button.
- Furthermore, search for the 3-digit code that you should see on your TV.
- Subsequently, on the Xfinity remote, fill in the 3-digit code.
- Lastly, if your pairing is successful, the TV will notify it.
Solution 6: Reset Xfinity Box
As a last-ditch effort, you can try resetting the Xfinity box if your Xfinity voice remote not working. This usually fixes the issue with the box and also sometimes fixes the remote problem. You can easily reset your Xfinity box using some very simple steps. These steps are as follows:
- Firstly, on the back of the Xfinity box, find and locate the reset button.
- Secondly, for at least 5-10 seconds, press and then hold the reset button.
- There is an alternative method to reset your Xfinity TV box remotely. You can do this through the “Xfinity My Account” mobile application by using the long reset option.
- After the Xfinity box finishes restarting, try with the remote again. If this does not work, you might try to contact us for assistance.
Using the above-mentioned methods, it is very simple to fix the Comcast remote not working issue. However, there may be a situation wherein you are unable to resolve the issue by yourself. In that case, seek our professional help. Our team is available 24/7 to assist you in such issues and provide you with the effective solutions. You can contact us either through chat, call or email. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
You can click this link to access the live chat support page if the Comcast remote problem cannot be solved by any of the standard troubleshooting steps. Here, you may use the chat support to reach out to the specialists and receive immediate assistance with your problems. All you need to do is describe your issue; from there, the appropriate help will be given.
The setup buttons are optional on the Xfinity remotes. You can find the setup button on your remote control, though, right below the “7” button. If you can’t find it there, your remote doesn’t have it either.
If the status light of the Xfinity remote blinks blue twice, it means that the pairing for the remote has been turned off.
Xfinity remotes are identified by the model number on the back panel or from the battery compartment of the remote. After your remote is successfully paired with a TV box, it would not be able to control any other TV box until it is paired with another TV box. It should be noted that the Xfinity remotes can only be paired with one TV box at a time.
The Comcast platinum remote has the ability to control up to three devices such as a DVR box, a sound system, a DVD player and/or TV. The Comcast Silver with the Red OK/select remote button also controls up to three devices. These devices include things such as a DVR box, a sound system, DVD player and/or TV.