Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Are you unable to update your Mozilla Thunderbird? If yes, then you first need to know why this error occurs and later you can try to solve it. Thunderbird consists of the update feature in it which will automatically check for the available updates and then you will receive the prompt to install the software on your system. If the updater fails to update the software, then you can reach out to Mozilla Thunderbird support number to get the required help for fixing the error from the root itself.
Solution for Fixing Unable to Update Mozilla Thunderbird
Follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix the issue where you are unable to update Mozilla Thunderbird:
If Another user uses Thunderbird
If you are sharing your computer is shared with another user,and their user account is logged in with Thunderbird Mozilla running then the error can occur. You need to make it very sure that only you are logged in to your computer while updating the Thunderbird. For this:
- You can restart your computer.
- Open Thunderbird Mozilla software.
- Click on Help> Check for Updates.
End all the process running on Thunderbird
- You need to end all the Thunderbird processes that are still running.
- Restart your computer.
- Then look for the update and check if the updater is working or not.
Steps to end the Thunderbird Process on your Windows
You can manually end the processes running on the Thunderbird by using following steps:
- Press Ctrl, shift, and Esc key to open the Task Manager.
- Click on the tab of Processes.
- You need to select the entry of thunderbird.exe from the list and then click on the option of End Process to end it.
- Then click Yes to the prompt of Task Manager Warning.
Even after applying these steps, you cannot resolve the error; then you can try to run the Mozilla update as an administrator. If you do not know how to do it, then you can consult the professional by calling Mozilla customer service that stays available at all 24 hours to assist you.