Estimated Read Time : 5:00
There was a time when Yahoo was known for providing the best email services. But over time, Google has captured the market. Since Yahoo is not providing any new or unique services, its relevance is decreasing daily. Many users are not using the Yahoo email account any more, and many of them are even trying to delete the email account. However, if you also want to delete your Yahoo mail account, you are at the right place. In this blog post, we are going to provide you with all the necessary information and steps about how you can delete Yahoo email account.
What Happens To The Yahoo Email Account After Deleting It?
Once you decide to delete the Yahoo email account, then these activities will happen to your Yahoo email account.
- You will not be able to access the “My Yahoo” email settings.
- All the emails stored in the email account will get deleted, and you will not be able to check any old mail.
- All the important data stored with the Yahoo email account will get deleted.
- Your current email address can be available for new users in the future.
- You will lose all the active subscriptions through the Yahoo email account.
How to Permanently Delete Yahoo Email Account?
If you have decided to delete the Yahoo email account, below are the steps you can easily follow to get it done.
- Firstly, navigate to the Yahoo account deletion page by opening this link on the web browser: https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user.
- Type your Yahoo email address in the insert box and click on the “Next” option.
- Moving ahead, it will ask you to provide the login password of your Yahoo email account and then click on the “Sign In” option.
- After that, scroll down to the end of the page and then click on the “Continue” option.
- Thereon, it will again ask you to retype the Yahoo email address.
- At last, delete your Yahoo mail account by clicking on the “Yes, terminate this Account” option.
By doing this, you have to schedule your Yahoo email account for deletion. Within 90 days, your Yahoo email account will be permanently deleted only if the user does not log into the account.
Also Read – Change Password on Yahoo Mail
How Can I Remove Yahoo Email Account on Mobile?
After deleting the Yahoo email account, you need to remove the email account from your mobile device so that you will not use the email account during the 90 days. An email account will only get deleted if the user does not use that email account during the 90 days.
Here are the steps to remove the Yahoo mail account from your mobile device.
- Firstly, please tap on the Yahoo mail application icon to open it.
- Thereon, tap on the menu option available on the top left side of the screen.
- After that, tap on the “Manage Accounts” option under the drop-down menu list.
- Then tap on the “Edit” option available at the top right side of the screen.
- Under the accounts list, tap on the “Remove” option in front of the yahoo email account.
- Then it will ask you to confirm removing the email account. For that, again, click on the “Remove” option.
You have now successfully removed the Yahoo email account on your mobile. If you are using multiple Yahoo email accounts, you can perform the same steps again to remove each account.
In this blog post, we have provided you with all the information about how to delete the Yahoo email account. We hope we have helped you in getting your email account deleted. In case you face any problem while performing the procedure or have any other query related to the topic, then you can reach out to us through the chat box. You can also write us your query through mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our professional email experts are available 24*7 to assist you in the best possible way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Firstly, click on the profile icon option and then click on the “Manage App and Website Connections” option. You can see all the recent application activity related to that email account.
Firstly, delete the cookies and history from the browser and then exit the browser’s cookies. After that, try logging in to the email account using a different browser.
If you have not used your Yahoo email account for over 12 months, your email account will automatically get closed by Yahoo.