Estimated Read Time : 5:00
When you realize that you are locked out of your AOL account, it is one of the worst feelings. Fortunately, we have garnered all the best ways to recover your account from every possible lockout. We have curated a guide for your convenience so that you never get locked out again from your AOL mail.
AOL is one of the reputable online service providers that incorporate more than 2 million users. AOL comprises an auto-fill option for users who sign in for the first time. The auto-fill option enables you to instantly log in, and you do not have a key in your password every time you want to access your account. If you are one of those users who forget to save their AOL passwords on the browser they use, then it is okay because we are here to help you out. The process of logging in can consume a lot of time in case you forget the password. If you are one of those users who do not save their passwords on the browser they use, then this is exactly what you should do in order to recover your account if you lose your AOL password.
- First of all, log into your AOL mail page and click ‘sign in.’
- Click on ‘I forgot my password.’
- Key inside your username and click ‘Next.’
- Type in the phone number you use for your account. This is the number you entered when you first created your AOL account.
There are other options given when you are on this step. You can click the suitable button for further instructions.
- Hit the ‘Next’ button.
- AOL needs to verify that you are the authentic and real owner of the account at this point. You will get a verification text that will be sent to your SMS inbox.
- Tap on the “Yes, text me a verification code” for this to happen. You can alternatively request a phone call for the verification code.
- Key in the verification code you have received on the given space and press on the ‘Enter Code’ button and then click on ‘Verify.’
- The final steps allow you to key in your new and strong password. Click save and continue to your account.
There is yet another option available for an AOL user to reset the password via mail.
- In order to do this, first of all, click on ‘Try another verification option’ and go to ‘Email a reset link to my recovery email address.
- Click on ‘Next.’ This particular action will prompt the AOL system to send an email to the address you gave as an alternative when you first created the AOL Mail.
- Select the ‘Close’ option and then move to the next step, which is opening your alternative Email and checking the reset message sent by AOL.
- Search for a message with the subject ‘Request to reset your password.
- Tap on the ‘Aol Reset Password’ button given or select the link provided.
- Key in your new password on the redirected page and select the ‘save’ button.
- The third option you can use in order to recover your account involves the security question that you selected at the time when you signed up for the AOL account.
This method is very easy and can be defined in the following four steps:
- Select ‘Answer security question.’
- Key in answer to your security question.
- Hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Make sure that you have given the correct answer and key in your new password on the given space provided, and then select the ‘Next’ option in order to complete the process.
The safety and security of users play the utmost importance. Due to the high safety and security measures of users, AOL advises all the users not to click on any email sent to their inboxes that request them to change their passwords. Such fishy and suspicious emails often come from hackers and other malicious parties. Key in the address of the website on your browser and go to your account if you receive such a request. You will automatically know if the Request is coming from an authentic source or not when you are there.
Users are constantly urged to keep their AOL passwords protected and strong by avoiding simple passwords like ‘abcd1234’ ‘00000000’ or their names. Make sure to use long passwords and mix up letters, special characters, numbers, etc., in order to have a strong password. Try to avoid using personal information like birthdays, anniversaries, etc., when setting passwords.
In order to get your AOL mail back, you have to religiously follow the above-mentioned steps. In case you are still not able to get into your AOL mail ID, then feel free to contact us at any time and any hour of the day. Our professional experts are there to walk you through the process and resolve all your AOL-related issues.