Estimated Read Time : 5:00
An email program is useful software that allows you to manage multiple email accounts using the same platform. Setting up your Comcast email address with an email program is a piece of cake, as long as you know the server settings for your account. This article will give you a broad overview of the steps you need to follow when setting up your Comcast account. If you want to know how to connect your email account with a particular email program, you can call the Comcast email customer support number and ask for additional help.
Server Settings for your Comcast Email Account
Regardless of which email program you use, the settings that are needed to set up your Comcast account are the same. However, you need to make sure you enter the settings that match the account type, i.e., POP (Post Office Protocol) or IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol). Here’s a look at the server settings for your Comcast account:
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
- SSL Encryption: checked
- Authentication: Type in your Comcast username and password
- Incoming Mail Server Name: pop3.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 995 (POP3 with SSL)
Steps to Set up Comcast Email Account with an Email Program
Your Comcast email account is compatible with most email programs and email clients. However, since different email programs have different steps to configure an account you can use the suggestions mentioned below to get a general idea about how to set up your Comcast account:
- Step 1: Open the email program on your device and go to the main menu.
- Step 2: Click on the Account settings and select ‘Add New Account.’
- Step 3: Look for the Comcast (or Xfinity) email service and click on it.
- Step 4: If you cannot find Comcast in the list, select the manual setup option.
- Step 5: Choose between POP or IMAP as the account type and click ‘Next.’
- Step 6: Type your Comcast email address and password in the given filed.
- Step 7: Follow the prompts shown on the screen and enter the correct server settings.
Once you enter the server settings, you can click ‘Save’ and restart the email program to check if you can access your Comcast account. If you have any trouble completing the steps above, or if you need help with a specific email program, you can call the Comcast email customer service number and ask for additional technical assistance. Since the helpline number is available 24 hours a day, you can reach out to a Comcast expert whenever you want and get the best troubleshooting solutions to fix any problem.