Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Hackers often target unsuspecting email users to try and hack into their accounts to steal personal data and manipulate it for financial gain. To better protect your account many email experts suggest changing your Comcast email password once every six months. If you know your current password, you just need to go to the Xfinity Connect webpage and click on ‘My Accounts’ to edit and change your password. However, if you cannot remember your email password, this article will give you a brief overview of the recovery methods you can use to reset and recover your Comcast email password. You can also call the Comcast email customer support number and consult a trained email technician to get a more detailed guide on how to recover the password as well as some helpful tips on creating a strong password to protect your Comcast email account.
Steps to Recover Comcast Email Password
When attempting to recover your Comcast email password, you will first need to verify your identity before you can proceed. Depending on the user’s convenience, Comcast email has three way you can recover your password, i.e., through a registered email address, a phone number or a security question. You can refer to the steps given below to recover your Comcast email password:
- Step 1: Open your browser and visit the Xfinity password page.
- Step 2: Type your Xfinity username in the given field and click ‘Next.’
- Step 3: Enter the moving letters in the box and complete the security check.
- Step 4: Choose an appropriate method for recovering your Xfinity password.
- Step 5: In the text method, you should check your phone for the reset code.
- Step 6: In the email method, you will receive an email with the reset link.
- Step 7: For the call method, you will receive a call that reads the reset code.
- Step 8: And finally, if you select the security question option, you will have type in your answer and click ‘Continue.’
Once you verified your identity via the appropriate recovery method, you will see a prompt where you can enter your new Comcast password. You will see a small green tick to indicate if the new password you created is strong. When it is clear that the password is strong, you will have to re-type the password to confirm it and then save the changes. Comcast will send you a notification via email or text message to confirm that your password was changed. If you have any trouble completing the steps mentioned above you can call the Comcast technical support number and speak to a certified email expert to complete the password recovery process.