Estimated Read Time : 5:00
The biggest benefit of using email technology is that it allows you to communicate with your contacts in a quick and efficient way. However, it can be quite frustrating if you need to send important documents but you are unable to send or receive emails in Thunderbird. But relax, because there is no need to get worked up over a small email error. You can simply contact the Mozilla Thunderbird support number and ask for technical assistance. You can also go through this blog to learn more about some basic troubleshooting steps you can use to fix the email error so that you can continue to send and receive messages.
Steps to fix send and receive email errors in Thunderbird
The most common reason why users are unable to send or receive emails is that the email settings they are using for the Thunderbird account are incorrect. You can refer to the steps below to review the settings and fix the problem:
- Step 1: Go to the Account Settings and select the Outgoing Server (SMTP) from the list in the left panel. Review your SMTP outgoing email settings and log in once again.
- Step 2: Open the Account Settings once again and click on your Thunderbird account. Check to make sure you are using the right SMTP server for the email address.
- Step 3: Log in to your system as admin and open the Firewall settings on your computer. Open the blocked settings and ensure your outgoing email is not blocked by your firewall.
- Step 4: You can also try turning off your antivirus software and disabling the firewall before sending out a test email. You can then turn both the antivirus and the firewall on and then send another test email.
- Step 5: When typing out the email be sure to enter the correct email address in the ‘To’ field. At the same time, you can check your spam folder to verify if incoming emails are being redirected.
- Step 6: Try and login to your Thunderbird email account using a different email address. If you are able to log in and send the emails then you know that the problem is with your device and not Thunderbird.
If you find that you still cannot send or receive emails even after you implement the steps mentioned below you can call the Mozilla Thunderbird support number and ask for help. Qualified email experts and technicians are available 24 hours a day to help you troubleshoot any error related to your Thunderbird account. You will get a step-by-step guide so that you can implement advanced solutions and resolve email errors as soon as possible.