Estimated Read Time : 5:00
The entire web realm has been shaken since many users face the “My imap.aol.com not working” issue. It’s been almost a decade since people have been opting for AOL mail for their daily-life activities. And the fascinating aspect that attracts the mass audience is the wide compatibility of AOL, which all became possible due to the availability of the IMAP server. But the world comes crashing down when the AOL IMAP Server stops responding. This article details multiple ways users can fix the “My imap.Aol.com not working” issue. So, without further ado, let’s get started:
What Do You Mean By IMAP.AOL.COM ?
The AOL IMAP servers save all your data on the internet service provider’s server. With the help of Imap settings enabled, you can use your email program at any time and from any device, and it will update all of your data. If multiple users access their email accounts, the same set of messages and folders will be available for both users.
Speaking of IMAP, the AOL server is much faster and more reliable than its counterpart POP. Thus, AOL encourages its users to enable the IMAP settings for their account and use the same AOL account to configure AOL email accounts on different devices and third-party emails.
What is the Reason For Getting the “Imap.aol.com not working” Error?
Let’s say it clearly, the “My Imap.aol.com not working” message indicates that your email data cannot load. And, when you refresh your AOL email inbox, you will receive a pop-up for AOL IMAP server error. This server error may represent that imap.aol.com is not responding due to some unknown causes.
Hence, to receive the new emails, you need to make sure that you fix this Error immediately. We will all be discussing the new emails that you need to make sure that you resolve this Error immediately.
In the upcoming section, we will discuss all the related solutions, but before that, let’s discuss all the major reasons for this issue.
Why is My“Imap.aol.com not working”?
If imap.aol.com is not responding, multiple factors can be related to it. Some of the main causes are:-
- The main reason can be the bad internet connection resulting in AOL IMAP server issues.
- Also, technical issues with the AOL email server can be the cause of why imap.aol.com does not work or respond.
- Excessive outgoing and incoming emails can also stop the imap from responding.
- Providing the incorrect AOL password during the setup or signing in to an email account can also be why you are facing the imap.aol.com not responding issue.
- Also, there can be several issues with the AOL email application; hence, you should try removing and reinstalling the application to help you get rid of it.
- A poor & weak internet supply can induce the issue of the mail server imap.aol.com not working.
- You often need to correct AOL Verizon email configuration settings and the incorrect login details, which can be the cause.
- Other than that, the antivirus on your device may interfere with the AOL IMAP server after suspecting it was just a security threat.
That’s it with the reasons; let’s start with the solutions that will help you fix the “My imap.aol.com not working” issue.
How to Resolve the “My IMAP.AOL.COM Not Working” Issue on Android Device?
There are several methods by which one can easily resolve their query. Here, follow these methods:
Method 1. Delete & Reinstall Your AOL Account
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the account. It overflows with excessive amounts of emails. Changes in the settings invite multiple technical errors and affect the AOL IMAP settings.
- First, navigate to the Settings tab on your android device.
- In the next step, choose the Accounts & password button.
- Choose the AOL account facing technical errors from the list of email accounts.
- Next, click on the red-colored button to delete your accounts.
- Hit on the back button and choose the main menu. Also, let your device synchronize the new settings.
- You can return to the Settings tab and open the Accounts and password option.
- Tap on the Add account option, and you will find various email id providers there, such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc. You can choose the account that is having the issue.
- Once you have selected the email service provider, you can enter the username and password.
Method 2. Update AOL Email Account Information
You can check the account configuration settings when you cannot access your AOL email account, and your imap.aol.com is not responding. Also, the account details you entered are incorrect; you can ensure that the server address option has “imap.aol.com” and the port number is 587. Also, the authentication type should contain “SSL.”
Method 3. Disable the Security Programs.
Disabling the security programs can also help to fix the “My imap.aol.com not working” issue. The antivirus, as well as other security programs, can disturb the functioning of the AOL email server by suspecting that it is a threat to your device. Moreover, if you cannot sync, try to disable the security software and use AOL again.
Method 4. Configure Your IMAP Connection Manually
If you are using AT&T automatic steps but now want to configure to IMAP connection manually, then you can read the instructions mentioned below:-
- To begin, Navigate to the Settings option and click on the Gear option.
- Choose Add account option, and from there, you can enter your email address & password.
- Select the Login option, navigate to the Settings menu, and choose the Mail server input or output.
- From the “configure the incoming mail server configuring” option and add these listed settings:
- Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com
- Incoming username: Name displayed on the recipients
- Received email address: AOL email account user’s the email address
- Inbox Password: User’s AOL mail account password
- Entry Door Number: 993
From the “configure Outgoing Mail Server Configuring” option, you can add these below-mentioned settings:
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
- Outgoing email ID: User’s email address (email@example.com)
- Outgoing Password: User’s AOL email account password
- Outgoing Port Number: 587
- Lastly, you can choose the Save Changes button.
Ways to Fix IMAP.AOL.COM Not Working on iPhone
If the imap.aol.com server is not responding on the iPhone, there are quite a few techniques that you can try and resolve this issue. All these solutions will suggest many things, such as reinstalling the AOL mail app on your iPhone, configuring the IMAP connection, unlocking the Google CAPTCHA and refreshing your inbox and turning the airplane mode off, and trying to force-stop the application.
Method 1. Check Your Internet Connection
Whenever you come across imap.aol.com not responding on your iPhone, ensure that you first check your internet connection. A bad internet connection can cause multiple technical and loading issues—a one-stop solution to bring your device closer to where the route is placed.
Method 2. Exit the AOL Mail App and Re-Launch it
If your AOL email application is creating issues and imap.aol.com is not working, you must close the app and re-launch it. By doing this, the app will stop all the sessions from running in the background. After quitting the app, you can restart your device, which will fix the issue.
Method 3. Turn ON & OFF Airplane Mode
When you face the imap.AOL.com not responding issue, you can try enabling the airplane mode and turning it off. What this will do is it will stop the wireless transmission for a while.
This blog explains all the solutions to resolve the “My imap.aol.com is not working” issue. But as always, we suggest you keep a backup of your data in case of data loss or breach. We have also explained methods for both android and iPhone devices.
If you are unable to solve the issue of imap aol com not working you can reach out to our email expert on +1(855) 359 2550 and can ask them whatever query you have , feel free to call.
Read also :- AOL Mail is not Working on Android