Switching between your AOL mail and Gmail accounts to check your emails? It can be a hassle to keep up with the emails you receive on these accounts and kill your time. However, you can automatically forward the copies of your AOL mails to Gmail as well as reply to the mails which seem like it was sent from the original account. It not only saves your crucial time but also eliminates the hassle of keeping up with your daily emails. Reading this post until the end, you can find the steps How to forward AOL mail to Gmail. Let’s start!
What is AOL Mail?
AOL Desktop offers full-fledged desktop features and enables users to send emails, browse content and perform a search. You can compose and send emails in AOL mail, reply to emails, add a signature and customize the font. There are a lot of users, who rely upon AOL mail to send and receive emails. The mail allows you to customize how your emails will look to your contact. Furthermore, you can forward your AOL emails to Gmail and manage them there only. If you are not aware of the procedure, navigate through this post until the end.
How Does Email Forwarding Work?
Before you proceed any further and forward your AOL emails to Gmail, let’s see how email forwarding works. It is where you configure one email account to create a digital copy and email and forward this copy to another email account. The original email will remain in the inbox and the copy will be sent to the intended location. You can configure it for free and allows you to check multiple emails from one place.
How Can I Forward AOL Mail to Gmail?
Here, you will see the steps to forward AOL mail to Gmail; however, this procedure works with most of the other email accounts. You can get the job done by following a few simple steps. All you need to do is to enter different source email account details. The rest procedure will follow the same steps that are given below:
• First of all, you need to log into your Gmail account.
• Next, select the cog icon located on the right and then select “Accounts and Import”.
• Here, you will have to select “Check Email from Other Accounts” and then “Add an Email Account”.
• Once done, enter your AOL email address in the popup box and click on the “Next” button.
• Verify the email server details and provide your accurate AOL password where it is prompted.
• Moving ahead, select “Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server” and it will keep copies with AOL.
Note: Here, you may also choose the “Label Incoming Messages” option, which is located underneath the “Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server” option. It will make it easy for you to locate the forwarded emails in your Gmail inbox when the inbox is flooded with many other messages. It is optional, yet a helpful option when forwarding your AOL emails to Gmail.
• Finally, select “Add Account” to conclude the procedure.
These steps are sufficient to forward all your AOL emails to Gmail. When Gmail can access the AOL mail servers, you will start seeing the AOL mails on Gmail immediately.
How to Import Contacts & Messages from AOL to Gmail?
Now that you have observed the steps to forward AOL mail to Gmail, you should know that you can also import your contacts and existing inbox messages from your AOL account to Gmail. Below is how to get the job done:
• The first and foremost step is logging into your Gmail account.
• Thereafter, you will have to select the “cog icon” located on the right and then select “Accounts and Import”.
• Moving ahead, select “Import Mail and Contacts from the center”.
• Here, you need to add your AOL email address into the popup box that appears on your screen and then hit the “Next” button.
• Now enter your accurate AOL password into the box fail-safely. It will allow Gmail to access your contacts.
• Next, select “Continue”.
• Checkmark the box for either or both, “Import Email” and “Import Contacts”.
• Finally, select “Start Import” and then click “OK”.
The important process can take some time based on how many emails and contacts you have and how busy the email servers are. After completion of the process, you will have an exact copy of your AOL contacts and inbox now in Gmail.
Also Read – AOL Mail Attachment Problems?
How to Send Emails from Gmail with Your AOL Address?
When migrating your contacts and emails, you may also find an easy option to send emails from your AOL address within Gmail. It will save your time and effort and make your email management more intuitive. Follow the below-given steps:
• Open Gmail and log into your account.
• Now select the “cog icon” and then “Accounts and Import” to proceed further.
• Thereafter, you need to select “Add Another Email Address” from the “Send Mail As row” option.
• Using the popup box, enter your AOL email address.
• Here, you will have to select “Next Step” and then “Send Verification”.
• When logged into your AOL address, verify the email from Gmail.
• From within your Gmail account, open a new mail and select your AOL address in the “From” section to finish this procedure.
Why AOL Mail Is Not Forwarding to Gmail Account?
Forwarding AOL mail to Gmail offers a myriad of advantages including efficient mail management and reduced time. However, you might observe that the AOL email is not forwarding for some reason. To resolve this issue, you can perform a few simple solutions, such as:
• Update your password and check if you can log in to your AOL mail with it.
• Delete your AOL account and then try to re-add it.
• Make sure that both servers (POP & IMAX) are having proper ports for each.
However, if you are still getting the error, get in touch with an experienced professional and discuss your technical issue with him. The more you will explain, the easier will be the error resolution.