Estimated Read Time : 5:00
Are you willing to delete AOL account but not sure how? Worry not! This handy guide elaborates on easy steps to delete your AOL email account when you don’t need it anymore. Even if you have lost or forgotten your AOL password, this post has methods for this scenario as well. Furthermore, deletion of the AOL account needs some other considerations to be kept in your mind. This post will educate you on the best way to delete AOL account using the time-saving procedures described here. Let’s find them out!
Things to Keep in Mind Before the Deletion of AOL Account
Before you proceed any further with the deletion of your AOL email account, below are some important considerations you need to keep in your mind:
- Create a backup of your important contacts, emails, documents and other important things that you may need in the future.
- Make sure that there is no paid subscription linked to your AOL account. If there is a due pending, clear it, or if there is an active subscription, unsubscribe to it.
- Also, check if you have linked your social media accounts to your AOL account. When you delete AOL account, it will cause a problem in accessing your social media account as well.
- Before you delete your AOL email account, let your contacts know about the same. Also, provide them with an alternative email address; otherwise, they will keep emailing you on your deleted account.
Procedure to Delete AOL Account
Now that you have made up your mind to delete your AOL email account permanently, you can follow the below-given steps after visiting the official AOL website.
- Launch your browser and open AOL’s official website.
- When on the account login page, enter login credentials and press the sign-in button.
- Once you are logged in successfully, move down to My Account and it will take you to the service page.
Caution: Do not click the My Account option located on the left side of the screen. It will not take you to the desired page.
- Moving further, go to Services located underneath My Account.
- Next, click on the Manage My Subscription link.
- When the Plan Information section becomes available, go to its right and click the Cancel button.
- When the cancellation window appears, click Cancel AOL Account.
Following the above-given steps carefully, you can delete AOL email account successfully.
How Can I Delete My Free AOL Email Account Permanently?
If you want to delete your AOL account quickly, the steps are discussed in the below-given list:
- In the first place, you need to click on the AOL login page link.
- Now enter your email address and click Next.
- After that, enter your password and click Sign in.
- Moving ahead, press Continue Delete My Account located at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you need to enter your full email address in the specified area.
- Press Yes, Terminate this Account and then click Got it when you are prompted to do so.
After completion of these steps, your AOL email account will be deleted successfully. When deleting a free AOL account, you don’t require to cancel any subscription. Also, there is no due balance you need to clear and therefore, this process can be completed quickly. However, it may take a few weeks for your AOL account to completely disappear from the search
How to Delete AOL Account Using Security Questions?
Answering security questions is also one of the popular ways to delete your AOL email account. Below are the steps to perform this procedure:
- On your My Account page of AOL, enter your credentials to log in to your AOL email account.
- Next, you will get the option to sign in to your AOL email account.
- Type your answers and then press the Continue button.
- Now from the Service Options, click on the Manage My Subscriptions link and click Cancel.
- You will see a drop-down menu, wherein, you need to choose the reason for cancelling your AOL account.
- After selecting a reason from the list, click Cancel AOL.
These steps will deactivate your AOL account. In case, you want to abort this process, there is a “Keep My Plan” option for the same.
How to Delete Your AOL Account on Your iPhone?
If you are willing to cancel your AOL account on iPhone, it can be done from the Settings section of your iPhone. Check the below-given steps:
- Unlock your iPhone and click Settings.
- Next, click on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
- Now make sure that your AOL account is selected.
- Scroll down to the Delete Account option and click on it.
- Click on Delete from My iPhone and your email account will be removed from your iOS device.
How to Delete AOL Account When Your Password is Lost/Forgotten?
Forgotten your AOL password and need to delete your AOL email account. You need to retrieve your password in the first place, before proceeding any further. Once the password is recovered, you can delete your AOL account with the utmost ease. You can go to your My Account page on the AOL website and follow the on-screen prompts to recover your forgotten password. After the successful completion of the steps, you can perform the steps discussed in the upper section of this post.
In A Nutshell
This post elaborates on some handy procedures to delete your AOL email account. You can get help in various circumstances, such as a free account or an account with a subscription service, and deleting an account when you have forgotten your password. If you need assistance in deleting your accounting, reaching out to our experts can help.