Comcast email is a web-based email service which the users can access via Xfinity home page. This email service can be configured with the desktop email clients to obtain the emails via the following platform. Many people are opting for this configuration in today’s date. Once you configure the setup, it is quite easy to use. This blog talks about the process to align the Outlook Express settings for Comcast email. One can either read this blog and implement the steps on your own or get in touch with Comcast customer service phone number and have a word with the professionals over the call. Take a look at the steps given below.
The Process to Configure Comcast Email With Microsoft Outlook
- Double click on the Outlook Email icon, to open the main page.
- Type your email login credentials and click on ‘Sign in.’
- After that, click on ‘Tools’ and from the drop-down menu, choose ‘Accounts.’
- Bring the mouse cursor to ‘Add’ and select it with a right click. After that click on ‘Mail.’
- In the display name option, type your name and then click on ‘Next.’
- Now provide your complete email address and again click on ‘Next.’
- When you are asked to select an option for ‘My incoming mail server is…’, choose POP3 and for outgoing server field, select SMTP
- Enter the following details
- In the server field for POP3, type mail.comcast.net and for Outgoing server field, type smtp.comcast.net
- Click on ‘Next’
- In the ‘Account Name’ field, enter your Xfinity (Comcast) email username. For example, if your email address is [email protected], enter ABC ( where ABC is the first and last name).
- Enter the password. You can tick the ‘Remember password’ option if you do not want to enter the password again and again.
- Click on ‘Next’
- In the next step, Click on ‘Finish.’
- In the ‘Account’ tab, highlight mail.comcast.net and then click on ‘Properties.’
- Select the ‘Advanced’ Tab
- Put a tick mark near ‘This server requires a secure connection (SSL)’ under the SMTP field.
- Enter port number 465 for SMTP
- Once you put a check near the box near to the POP3 field which indicates ‘This server requires a secure connection,’ the port will automatically change to 995
- Click on the ‘Servers tab’ and then put a check mark near the box ‘My server requires authentication.’
- Click on ‘Okay’
By completing this process, the users would be able to configure their Comcast email with Microsoft Outlook. If you have any questions that pop up in your mind, then it is always better to have a word with the experts at Comcast customer support by dialing the toll-free number.