Imagine a scenario where your boss tells you to check your email and respond to an urgent business report. You try and log in to your Comcast email account as soon as possible so that you can send your reply. However, no matter where you look, in all the email folders, you cannot find the email. The issue of Comcast emails missing or getting deleted automatically is quite serious since it can not only affect your productivity, but it can also cause you to lose important personal data, This article will give you an overview of how to restore certain emails that are missing or that were deleted automatically from your Comcast email account. Since the steps mentioned below are very basic, you can call the Comcast customer service phone number and speak to a trained and experienced email expert to learn how to implement more advanced troubleshooting steps so that you can resolve the missing email issue once and for all.
Steps to Recover Deleted Emails from your Comcast Account
The default email deletion settings on your email account mean that old messages in your ‘Spam’ folder will be deleted after 7 days while messages in your ‘Trash’ folder are deleted after 14 days. Like most email service providers, Comcast also gives users the ability to restore emails that were deleted accidentally or that are missing. You can refer to the instructions given below to solve the problem of Comcast emails that are missing:
- Step 1: Enter the following in the address bar: https://www.xfinity.com/
- Step 2: Provide your email address and password and log in to your account.
- Step 3: Click the email tab and navigate to your Comcast mailbox.
- Step 4: Go to the Trash folder and click the More Actions icon.
- Step 5: Click on the option that reads ‘Recover Deleted Items’ and proceed.
- Step 6: Go through the list of email and select the ones you need to restore.
- Step 7: Choose a convenient destination folder for the emails and click ‘Move.
You must keep in mind that you have more or less two weeks to restore deleted emails from the trash folder. After the two week period is over the emails in the trash folder will be deleted automatically, and they become permanently unavailable. If you find that many of your Comcast emails are deleted automatically, or are simply missing from your folders, you should call the Comcast email support number and consult a professional technician to identify the cause of the error. Missing email or emails that are deleted automatically could indicate that there is a security breach connected to your Comcast email account.