Comcast email users can connect their accounts to their iPhones so that they can access their emails even if they are away from a computer or a laptop. However, there are times when users find it difficult to open or send emails from their iPhone. If this error occurs often you can call the Comcast email support number and ask for help. You can also go through this blog to get a general idea about how to solve the issue using some basic troubleshooting solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Comcast Email Server Settings
One reason why your Comcast email is not working on your iPhone is that the server settings you used are incorrect. You can refer to the setting below to check and make sure your account is configured properly:
- Incoming Server Mail Host Name: imap.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Host Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Username: Current Comcast email account
- Password: Current Comcast email password
- Incoming Mail server port: 993
- Outgoing Mail server port: 587
- Use SSL: ON
- IMAP Path Prefix: empty
- Authentication: Password
The settings mentioned above will remain the same no matter which email app you are using on your iPhone.
Solution 2: Set Up Your Account Again
When you find that your Comcast email account is not working, one way to fix the issue is to delete the account from your iPhone and then set it up once again. You can refer to the steps below to set up your iPhone mail client to work with your Comcast.net email:
- Step 1: Reboot your iPhone and tap on the Mail client icon.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Other’ and open the Welcome to Mail screen.
- Step 3: Go to the New Account screen and tap the ‘Next’ option.
- Step 4: Enter your Comcast email address and password.
- Step 5: Wait for a while so that your information is verified.
- Step 6: If the details you provided are correct, your Comcast.net email will be configured.
If you have any trouble setting up your account, or if you find that Comcast email is not working even after you implemented the solutions mentioned above you can call the Comcast support number and ask for help. Email technicians and Comcast experts are available 24 hours a day to provide advanced troubleshooting solutions so that you can fix your Comcast account as soon as possible and get back down to business.